Saturday, January 8, 2011

Reboot

I’ve been rather out of sorts the past few days, and Sweet Daughter has picked up on it and been responding in kind. I’ve been trying really hard to be the responsible grown-up, but I wasn’t doing as well as I would have liked. Well, today was errand day, and SD and I got up, make our shopping lists, got breakfast and got ourselves buckled into the car with only slightly foul moods and without spilling any blood. (Juice was spilled. Epically. But that way my fault and did not improve my mood.)

As we were pulling out of the driveway (both of us scowling a bit), I asked if she wanted some “rock star music”, as she calls it. She nodded in the affirmative, and “Vital Idol” started to play. We didn’t talk (and antagonize each other further) but listened for a while. After about 20 minutes, SD said “Mama? Can you put the first song on ‘repeat’?”

“What, you want ‘White Wedding’ on repeat? What’s special about that one?”

“He says ‘shotgun!’”

And with that, we fist-bumped, grinned, turned the volume up a bit and proceeded to have a much better day.

2 comments:

  1. Brownie points for listening to White Wedding in the car with your daughter! Too cool!

    ReplyDelete