Monday, May 10, 2010

Time for warm weather cocktails

I just had my first gin and tonic of the season. Ahhhh. Now I’m motivated to see if I have any Pimm’s left in the liquor cabinet. My previous roommate “borrowed” my last bottle, and never replaced it. We have a local ginger ale that goes quite well with it, lacking the proper fizzy lemonade. Hmmm, that sounds like something that would travel well this weekend – they’re calling for temperatures in the upper 80’s in Charlotte. Now I need to go add cucumbers to the grocery list.

3 comments:

  1. Howabout a Dark 'N Stormy? Some Gosling's Black Seal Rum, Ginger Beer (preferably homemade) and some Lime of some sort. I think they are very good. And as soon as I get home for summer I'm making beer... Oooh! And that Amaretto Black Cherry Jam is sitting on a shelf waiting for me! There are so many ways to enjoy alcohol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Mike/Michael W. of Doin' the Time Warp introduced me to these last year. He brought some Cruzan Black Strap rum to use that was fantastic. My sister made one for me with Bacardi Dark, and I pretty much spat it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bacardi is the entire reason I thought I hated rum for all these years. . . I druther drink that Gi Special gin they used to sell in the Class 6 than Barardi, given me druthers. . .

    ReplyDelete