Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Small talk

Breda has a link to an article on whether size really matters. As one that grew up at the opposite end of the height spectrum , I can tell you that when your sleeves and pants hit 4 inches above your wrists and ankles, you don’t exactly feel elegant, either. But I digress.


I first met Shorter Half’s family when his little sister graduated from high school. I’m over a foot taller than she is, and she was trying very hard to make small talk. (“Small” talk, get it? I crack myself up.) She wondered if a lot of people asked me if I played basketball in high school. I answered in the affirmative, and then, completely unbidden by my brain – the words just fell out of my mouth, I swear – I inquired if a lot of people asked if she played miniature golf.

True story. Luckily she laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment