The table is also done. Or, done enough for now. I'd like to get a smoother surface on it, but I need to find the right brush, or applicator.
Not a great picture, but I'm happy with the table.
I switched out two light fixtures -- the downstairs one more than once as I think the first replacement had a short in it. Replacement #2 went in easy-peasy. In part, because I figured out that one of those lights that clip onto the bill of your ball cap would help. Much better lighting that the floor lamp snaked in on an extension cord from the other end of the house.
It was so thick, I had to cut it down to see what was in it, so to speak. Arms are still like jelly ...
|Any ideas what to replace it with? Southeast corner of the house, Zone 7.|
This morning, I woke up and decided that compared to the refinished table, all my chairs looked like crap. So I decided to refinish one.
A 1940s Windsor-style chair with a faux mahogany wood-grain finish that was chipping off gets covered in stripper ...
And it was ugly. Clear -- not a knot to be found, but ugly and blotchy. The turned pieces looked like birch. The seat is several sections of pine. I was brought up to believe that painting wood would send one directly to the fiery pits of hell ... so I tried staining it and hoping the pieces would sort of blend together.
Nope. Now it was dark and blotchy. So ... I decided to use milk paint on it. It's currently in process and I'm cautiously optimistic. And that is a post for another day ...
Now it's time for an adult beverage, some analgesic and a book.