How, you ask?
They needed a separate compartment on the inside for a cell phone.
Don't judge. When you're the contact person for your unit, you need to be reachable.
Anyhow, I remembered hearing a suggestion that pockets were a good way to use scraps of 18th century printed fabric. So I made some, complete with lining, and flipped through some of my costuming books only to find that I had the construction details wrong.
So, I took them apart, bound them properly (one with scraps of the same cotton fabric, the other with twill tape) and wore them for the first time at the Battersea event. They worked like a charm, and will hopefully last me another 15 - 20 years. Or until modern technology demands an upgrade.
|They have since been sewn onto a length of twill tape to tie around the waist.|