Monday, April 26, 2010

Cause of the 1755 Lisbon Earthquake

According to Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi, the 1755 Libson Earthquake was clearly caused by fashions like this:



I can't say that I've ever felt the earth move while wearing 18th century clothing, but I can tell you that if you're wearing stays laced this tightly and you sneeze, you knock the wind right out of yourself.

Now to put things in perspective, this is Shorter Half dressed cross-dressed for a Pirate Party.

I also have pictures that include cleavage. Your choice - front or back. If that doesn't cause the earth to move, nothing will.



* Note for curious costumers: A friend put the dress together for him. She surmised that two size 22 prom dresses would equal a men's size 44. She wasn't far off.

** Note 2: that  first pictue is about 12 years old. Just sayin'.


3 comments:

  1. While I completely disagree with that towel head (and I say that with the least amount of respect possible), I still kept thinking how deeply ironic it would be if there was some sort of huge, horrible earthquake today.

    I suppose if that second picture wasn't enough to do it, nothing will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I put that dress on, the earth moves!

    {snicker}

    Shorter Half

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stomach heaved, does that count?

    ReplyDelete