Monday, January 11, 2010

Projects


I’ve got a big box of projects sitting next to my chair. The deal is that if I’m going to be sitting in front of the TV, I have to be doing something useful. Last year, in the space of about 9 months, I accomplished a lot. Since July … not so much. Those 9 months yielded 8 pairs of 18th century knit mittens, a wool bedgown, a black silk bonnet, a cambric shirt, two gowns for Sweet Daughter, a matalesse petticoat, aprons, assorted bags and hemmed linens, refitting the bodice on two of my gowns, a new chintz round gown, a linen waistcoat drafting patterns, assembling garments for others to finish, and a pair of stays (sans binding), among other things. Since then, I’ve been trying to get motivated. Somebody kidnapped my sewing muse and I want her back. With my luck, Ms. Muse has Stockholm Syndrome and I’ll never see her again.

3 comments:

  1. I found and she's been out with the boys! As soon as I sober her up, I will send her your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Run her through the shower and put her on a bus headed my way. I'll reimburse you for the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,

    While you're shoving the Muse into a Greyhound, just remember that a Slim Jim and a Big Gulp do NOT consitute breakfast the next morning. At least get her an Egg McMuffin for the ride.

    ReplyDelete