Monday, January 25, 2010

Farby

Farb (reenactment)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Farb is a derogatory term used in the hobby of historical reenacting in reference to participants who exhibit indifference to historical authenticity, either from a material-cultural standpoint or in action. It can also refer to the inauthentic materials used by those reenactors.

So, who is farby? The joke is that anyone less accurate than you is a farb, and anyone more accurate is a stitch-counting, hyper-focused whacko who needs to get a life. I've probably been accused of both. At the same event, even. For me, it’s my goal to try to improve upon something each time I attend an event. The important thing is that I do the best I reasonably can at any given time, and try to improve each time I start a new project.

Why am I boring you with this? Why, so I can bore you with a project tomorrow.

Edited to add photo:


These guys look pretty good. Except for the coffee ...
(To be fair, it was before the event began, and they *did* pour it into appropriate containers ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment