Friday, January 22, 2010

Garanimals for Engineers

Shorter Half was on his way to a meeting.

Me: “Did you know that you’re wearing a black and gold tie and a blue and white shirt?”

SH: It’s not black, it’s blue. I carefully checked! (We have this conversation every time he wears that tie.)

Me: “Did you notice that the tie has dots and this shirt has stripes?”

SH: ???

Me: (Sigh.) “Are you wearing a jacket with this?”

SH: “Yes, My gray one.”

Me: “Gray? I didn’t know you had a gray jacket.”

SH: “It’s got black threads and white threads. That makes gray.”

Me: “So you’re wearing a herringbone tweed jacket with a striped shirt and a dotted tie. What’s wrong, couldn’t you find any plaid pants to finish the ensemble?”

I swear, I wanted to put a sticker on him that said “I dressed myself today!” I’ve always said I could make a mint making “Garanimals for Engineers”.



To give credit where it is due, when he arrived at his meeting, SH told the entire assembly “My wife wanted everyone to know that I dressed myself today!”

7 comments:

  1. That tie IS navy blue. With little gold crosses. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... I don't know if I should say this, as I am a male engineering student, but... what was the problem?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same thoughts as bluesun and Joe-looks fine to me. I am such a guy. And yes, I can use a slide rule and do math in my head. I'm no longer married so I have no one to blame but myslef when friends say "You gonna wear that in public?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fail to see the problem. As for other made-up shit that wives come up with just to be bothersome. "Wrinkles" mystical creatures that infest clothes to make them unwearable without voodoo treatment.

    I suspect they are in the same vein as the Jersey Devil, Spring Heeled Jack, and Skunkape.

    Lots of people believe in them, but I've never seen one in the wild.


    Also Shorter half must be careful with the fashion thing, it IS possible to be a little too good looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no problem with wrinkles. That just proves that the fabric is made out of natural fibers. I only protest when the ensemble causes motion sickness, and nobody is actually moving. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  6. We want to wear clothes we understand. Jeans and a polo shirt is dressing up to us. It's some "policy" somewhere that forces us to wear these alien wrappings. Blame the dress code, not the engineer.

    ReplyDelete