Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Overheard in the office

So, I was sitting in a staff meeting with the Boss and various task leads, when Bitter Young Guy stated that he wouldn’t be at work on Friday – he’d be home getting his pipes cleaned. Without thinking I shot back with “I hope that isn’t a euphemism for something else.”

There was a brief silence before BYG started laughing and everyone else joined in. I’ve been with this company for almost 11 years. You’d think they’d be used to me by now.

And he was talking about tree roots in his sewer system. Really.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I was a bit nervous for the first second or two when NOBODY else was laughing.

    Fortunately for us, they picked up their jaws and managed to find their sense of humor in the process.

    My pipes are clean, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete