Saturday, August 13, 2011

Magazine Maintenance

I won't go into the care a feeding of magazines here, because what do I know about it, anyway other than you need to keep the lint and dirt out of them, and clean them thoroughly from time to time? What I do know is this ... you're supposed to label them. This is so you can tells yours apart from all the rest when shooting with friends. This is so you can narrow it down in case there is one magazine that is causing problems with your firearm.

I hadn't gotten around to it because, well, I don't have that many magazines, and I knew I'd spend way too much time obsessing about some sort of obscure code that would indicate if that mag was for my defensive ammo or my plinking ammo, the date I purchased the it, etc. I'd research the best labeling method, and select the best font for readability. Basically, I was over-thinking the whole thing. Sweet Daughter solved the problem for me today. What do you think?

Two of them sit on the right side of my shoulder rig to balance the weight of the pistol on the other side. Yup. They sit there right along my ribcage, bottoms facing out. So much for staying "low key".

9 comments:

  1. I think its the best system for labeling magazines I've seen so far. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding! All that's missing is Kalashnikitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Great idea! I do take magazines apart and clean them. I use a magazine brush to clean them and the well on the pistol. I do not use traditional solvents or lubricants on them though. I use a spray "Dry Lube". Replacenment springs are out there and cheap insurance IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL- Love it! If it works, there is NOTHING wrong with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will work! The Gold Dots are also good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful! There might be a set of Stickers showing up on the Pistol's Grips. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nobody's going to take your mags by accident, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete