Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Guess who I got to meet today?

Michael W. is visiting for the week, so he and I went to The Range and met up with CTone from Legions Fate this afternoon. CTone’s a heck of a pistol shot, especially considering he prefers rifles, and was very encouraging to this n00b. He generously let me shoot both his Walther PPK and his 1911.

Michael W. has been doing law enforcement firearms training for around 25 years and it’s always great having him stand behind me and give me advice. Michael let me shoot his Mark VI Webley .45 ACP and his Chief .38 special. I shot ALL four of them better than my own gun today.

I really liked the Walther. Hmmm … I do need a smaller carry piece.

4 comments:

  1. It was a great time! Let me know when y'all will be back in town and we can shoot again. At some point in time we're going to have to meet up somewhere so that I can learn more about history from you. My military history knowledge pretty much only spans the last decade. I know very little about historic weapons as well, which I'm sure you guys can help me out with!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where there's a SWEET brushed-nickel 9mm Combat Commander for sale with a bit of Japanese hieroglyphics on it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sig P232/P230... :D

    Great seeing you and Shorter Half Friday night, and thank you so much for the awesome B-day presents!!!

    ReplyDelete