Sunday, December 19, 2010

What caliber for Barbie?

Sweet Daughter and I were going through her toys today, culling out the ones she’s outgrown, or has no interest in. “My Little Pony”? Not so much. Dress-up dolls? Nope. “Get rid of them, Momma.” She likes to build things. Make crafts. Give her dirt and something to dig with, or some paper, markers, glue and scissors and she’s good for an hour or two.

So when we came to the Barbie Styling Head, it was a no brainer. “Toss it!” SD said. So I did. Then I had an epiphany. “SD”, I asked. “Would you like to see what happens if we pretend Barbie is a bad guy and we shoot it?”

Shorter Half about choked on his soda, “Are we going to JFK Barbie? If only we had a 6.5 Carcano!”

SD’s reaction was to slowly get an ear-to-ear grin. And then we told her we’d let her use the 10/22 on a rest. And she could go first, since it was her toy. I think she’s still grinning.

I’m starting to think we’re not like other families…

9 comments:

  1. You ain't, but I sorta like it, ya'll make me laugh.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a huge grin on my face from reading this...guess that makes me twisted as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blogfather has a 6.5mm Carcano.

    Just sayin'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. JayG - we're going to be in NC. You're more than welcome to join us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to post the Zapruder films of this! And now I know what to look for in the junk stores to take out to the range next time! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With small children present for the Day of Zapruding, I probably shouldn't cast cherry jello into Barbie's head beforehand. . .

    SH

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I would have to agree there aren't many families like your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should totally get this on video!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If there's no book depository handy, just try a grassy knoll...

    ReplyDelete