Sunday, November 7, 2010

Remember the marketing fail?

I wrote about it here.

On the Wednesday after I returned, I sent an e-mail to the manager of the hotel telling them about my concerns. Nine days later, I’d heard nothing, not even a “Hey, we got your e-mail, we’ll get back to you”, so I sent a letter to corporate along with a copy of my e-mail. A week after that letter went out, I received this e-mail from the hotel manager:

Dear Ms. Nancy R.,

I would like to first apologize for my delayed response. I'm concerned about the concierge/time-share attendant issue you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you had to deal with this situation.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. A local time share company leases out the seat at our hotel and provides concierge services to our guests while trying to sell their spots, however this behavior was highly unacceptable. I would like to inform you that we have stopped the time-share program with them for the time being because of this and if it is started again we will not allow any of our guests to be harassed or asked questions as you were. We take safety very seriously and I greatly appreciate your feedback.


Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Sincerely,

Hotel Manager

I’m not happy that they didn’t tell me the name of the time-share company (so I could contact them as well), but all in all, I’m happy with the outcome, and will stay there again.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it takes a bit of ass kicking from above to make someone pay attention to your concerns. Sounds like the manager's was a bit bruised when he sent you that email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the famous "Bedbug Letter" to me. You know, the one sent to the woman who complained about bedbugs in her railroad sleeping car? The letter assured the woman that the car had been taken out of service and thoroughly fumigated, and all people responsible had been chastised. Unfortunately the secretary had a brain fart and accidentally enclosed with the letter, the note from the boss saying, "Send this old bat the bedbug letter."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justthisguy: There is a real good chance I may be back in town for one night in December. Guess where I'm going to stay (or at least drop in and check out who's in the lobby) when I go?

    ReplyDelete